Wednesday, August 05, 2009

This Weekend : The Pandarosa Showcase @ Trammel Crow Lake in Dallas


I have often thought to myself that I would never post about something unless I genuinely believed it was worth your time and I feel that I have stayed true to that standard. That being said, it often happens that you might have a friend (or friends in this case) that wants to play music and you may tell them that they are great, outstanding even, and offer your support, when really what they are doing is sub-par. But hey, you want to be a good friend right?

That's not the case with my friends at The Pandarosa. They are my friends and family first, and I view them as musicians second, but they are damn good at what they do. This will be the sixth incarnation of their annual Pandarosa Showcase and they keep getting better each year. This year's festivities will take place at Trammel Crow Lake and will include the gorgeous back-drop of downtown Dallas. Not every band on the label will be there in physical form, but each band will be playing from the entire Pandarosa back catalogue, as well as showcasing new material and new talent. There will also be a visual arts showcase from extended members of the Pandarosa family to bring it all home. If you're in Dallas this weekend, you won't want to miss it.

Everything happens this Saturday, August 8th at Trammel Crow Lake in Dallas at 7 p.m.

No comments: