Wednesday, July 11, 2007

St. Vincent @ Hailey's in Denton

Everyone who either was or wasn't at the show, and knew I was there covering it, has been asking me to do this post and I am finally finding the time. You see, no one can see enough pictures of St. Vincent, or hear enough descriptions of how she plays, or moves, or is. That's one of the things that I enjoy about her. Or rather, those are three of the things that I enjoy about her. Aside from that though, her stage show becomes increasingly impressive each time I see her (although that's only been two times now). She blew everyone out of the water who was there to see her at Hailey's. It was a special night, being that it was the first date of her first headlining North American tour. She seemed shocked at the number of folks there to see her, but I think everyone there was honestly expecting the large number. She played through tracks off of her long (looong) awaited debut album "Marry Me" and proved to us why it was such a long wait. The songs have been perfected. Simple as that. The cheers at the end of the show and the people I overheard saying that they absolutely loved it, say it all.





No comments: