Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Strawberry Jam Session


If you haven't noticed, Animal Collective is of our favorite bands right now, and with new music coming, expect us to be covering them pretty heavily this summer (hopefully). Their new album Strawberry Jam, due out September 11th is looking like it may take the cake for my Best Album of 2007 award (I know I've said this with other albums, but really, it'll be such a toss-up). I know its early, but if you haven't heard, two tracks, Peace Bone and Unsolved Mysteries, have found their way onto the web. I guess this means I didn't get the advance I asked for, but I'm sure that the album is going to be worth the wait. Check out the tracks for yourself here: http://obscuresound.com/?p=1132

Peace Bone is surprisingly coherent. AC doesn't seem to have changed all that much, but the album won't be the same as
Feels. It seems to be pretty accessible from what these two tracks give away. Unsolved Mysteries chugs along with a sort of street-vendor-with-monkey music box-esque sound in the background, built up by Panda Bear's percussion. It could be Jam's easier to listen to Flesh Canoe. We will have to see what the rest of the songs hold.

I promise I will have more news for you all later on. Summer has just started and its looking pretty good for us.

No comments: