Thursday, March 15, 2007

SXSW Day 2: Plans

Well SXSW was kicked off in a big way last night. The 4AD Showcase at Emo's was amazing. The first two bands didn't really do it for me, but Bierut, The Mountain Goats, and what little I saw of Blonde Redhead really got things going. Expect a full Day 1 re-cap when I get the chance to (which may not be for a while).

Today, I will be heading over to the Yard Dog Folk Art Gallery to catch the Schuba's 11th Annual SXSW Roundup featuring Midlake, Bishop Allen, and many many more. Tonight's be show is the Attic Jam over at La Zona Rosa, headlined by Ghostland Observatory. I didn't get enough of them over at the ACL KEXP taping, so I figured that I would catch them again tonight. I am thinking that it will be packed since the whole studio was yesterday. Those guys have quite the following down here in their hometown of Austin.

No comments: